How We Work With Buyers
The South London Procurement Network provides a seamless offer to buyers through:
- Access to a variety of local suppliers
- Face-to-face engagement
- Effective supply chain brokerage
- Free events
- Complimenting internal corporate responsibility
- Measurable results through tracking, monitoring and evaluation of activity
- Reducing carbon footprint
Step by Step Guide to How We Work
- To access our supplier sourcing and matching service, please contact us.
- As each company works differently we tailor our approach to your procurement systems. You tell us how we can help you to diversify your supply chain through access to a diverse range of quality small to medium enterprises and we will deliver.
- We search our advanced database for suppliers that are fit for purpose and send you the business profile of suitable companies.
- You can review the suppliers sent and shortlist using your preferred company procurement procedure.
- Your feedback to us on the suppliers is an essential part of the process so that we can provide our suppliers with feedback to support them and strengthen our relationship and commitment to you.
- Once you have selected a suitable supplier we will then track, measure and monitor the results. This will allow us to feedback to you the amount you have spent locally on diverse and other small to medium enterprises over a period of time.
Frequently asked questions
All services are free of charge to buyers and suppliers.
Yes, SLPN regularly works with tier one, two and three suppliers for large companies that would like to improve supply chain diversity.
Allowing local companies to compete in the supply chain builds a legacy of local regeneration in boroughs that are among the most deprived on the index of social deprivation.
We save you time by sourcing and matching to your requirements. Local small to medium enterprises can provide value for money, innovation and a pool of talent that might otherwise be missed. They also address environmental considerations due to their low carbon footprint.
SLPN can organise meet-the-buyer or meet-the- supplier events. We also facilitate seminars for buyers that are opening up certain categories for procurement to explain the procurement processes to small to medium enterprises.
We are assisting our SMEs to develop business capacity through a range of business support activities including free workshops and seminars, mentoring programmes and one-to-one advice.
We provide access to fit-for-purpose suppliers that we have personally met with to ensure that a certain level of quality and your usual due-diligence processes still apply.