South London Procurement Network Privacy Notice
South London Procurement Network understands that your privacy is important and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all our clients and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Information about us
Southbank Place Project Office Canary Wharf Contractors Belvedere Road, London United Kingdom
Contact: Petrona Wickham
Telephone number: 0207 418 2532
Email address: email@example.com
For data subject access and other GDPR requests please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. What does this policy cover?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data, how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
3. What is personal data
Personal data is any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that we use is set out in Part 5 below.
4. What are my rights?
Under data protection legislation, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 11.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 10 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 11 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 11 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This allows individuals to obtain and re-use their data for their own purposes across different services, for example when changing bank accounts.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 11.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5. What personal data do we collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with us):
- Your contact details which may include your name, date of birth, address, title, telephone numbers and email addresses
- Your age and gender
- Professional or Business Memberships
- Financial information in order to fulfil any contractual obligations we have with your business.
- Any personal information you choose to give us
- Other operational data that helps us provide our services to you
Your personal data may also be obtained from third parties including:
- Companies House
- Your business website
6. How do we use your personal data?
Under data protection law, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- Supplying our services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you
- Personalising and tailoring our services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email and post that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our newsletters.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, telephone, post with information, news, and offers on our services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our data protection obligations, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
7. How long will you keep my personal data?
Generally, project information including client files will be kept to reflect the duration of the Southbank Project and up to three years thereafter, in case we need to refer to and rely on these records.
8. How and where do you store or transfer my personal data?
We share your personal data with internal third parties in the Canary Wharf Group of companies if we have a legitimate business interest in sharing your data and with external third parties such as a service.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not sell your personal data to others or allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. They are only permitted to use data you provide to us in accordance with our instructions.
We are committed to being transparent and taking all reasonable and appropriate steps to keep your personal information secure and to protect it from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access. We have a strict selection process when it comes to our suppliers/service providers, and We enforce strict requirements within our contracts to ensure your personal information is stored and transferred in a way which is secure.
We are UK based and do not generally transfer personal data internationally. In the event We transfer personal information to service providers outside the UK and EEA*, We will do so in accordance with applicable data protection laws where the transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your personal information.
*The European Economic Area which currently comprises the Member States of the European Union plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, all of which are subject to similar data protection legislation which is aimed at protecting your personal data.
9. Do you share my personal data?
We may share your personal data in relation to your Business, with other organisations in our group for monitoring and reporting purposes, as well as procurement opportunities deemed as viable for you to be considered as a potential supplier. This includes but it not limited to our partners Canary Wharf group plc and Qatari Diar LLP and East London Business Place.
We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply certain services. These may include training provision, training venue hire, and marketing. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that we hold.
We provide your Business Name, Contact Name, Contact Number, Email Address and Borough data to our third party training providers as part of workshop registration and 1 to 1 session bookings.
We provide your Business Name and Contact Name to our third party training venue hosts as part of workshop registration and health and safety practice.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above in Part 8.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
10. How can I access my personal data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a ‘subject access request’. If you wish to make a subject access request, please direct this to: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business programme in a way that affects personal data protection. Up to date privacy notices are displayed on our website https.//slpn.org.uk
Date: March 2022